Model TL-3 – Trash Truck Loader & Body
The TL-3 is our most popular and versatile unit. A single operator can load, haul and dump trash with this unit. -20 ft. boom reach includes 4 ft. telescoping extension -Lifts 3,200 lbs. when fully extended at 20 ft. -At 10 ft. maximum lift capacity is 7,100 lbs. -All-purpose anti-scalping trash bucket features low maintenance single cylinder design -Dump body sizes range between 20 and 30 cubic yards -ANSI Z245 compliant STANDARD FEATURES: 1) CONTROL OPTIONS Greaseless proportional dual walk-thru standard lever controls are operational from either side of the truck. Petersen also offers QUADSTICK® controls and stationary top mount controls with joysticks or valvehandles. 2) H-STYLE OUTRIGGERS Horizontal and vertical outriggers act independently of each other. Allows the operator to custom place around obstructions and traffic patterns. 3) BOOM-UP ALARM Notifies the operator when the boom is over legal travel height with an audible buzzer and red light. The boom-up alarm has been a standard safety feature on our equipment for over a decade. 4) MINIMAL HOSE EXPOSURE Slack hoses can snag on debris and obstructions. That’s why Petersen designed their “enclosed hose recoil system” and a bucket with no hoses below the rotator. 5) SINGLE CYLINDER BUCKET A large cylinder and manifold block keep hoses out of work areas, allowing for a stronger bite force, and ensuring that both sides always work together. 6) SCISSOR HOIST The most stable hoist available for this application. Lifts 23 tons and is power up and down. 7) WHEELBASE Petersen specifically designs their units to have the best turning radius while keeping a comfortable operator platform. WARRANTY Three year structural, one year hydraulic. Please note – there might be more standard features than listed here. Petersen Industries reserves the right to change product design and features at any time without notice. Please contact your Petersen dealer for complete features.
The model AL-1 Atlas Lightning Loader is a heavy-duty grapple truck mounted onto a chassis from behind the cab, equipped with Petersen’s Big Bite bucket at the end of the boom. The loader operates from a seated platform that rotates with the boom. CNG Capable.
Atlas is designed to save time in multiple areas:
- The work-site set-up is easier and quicker with custom outrigger placement and a boom that can continuously rotate 360° degrees.
- During operation, the variable speed pump allows you to use any combination of functions without slowing down while dumping. The dump hoist is power up and gravity down with twin multi-stage telescopic cylinders, giving us a 45% faster dump cycle.
In this industry, it’s not only about how many hits you can take but about how long you can keep operating at peak performance. That’s why Atlas offers:
- A state-of-the-art hydraulic and filtration system designed to keep this vital portion of the loader running as smoothly as possible.
- Fully skinned bucket and body in Hardox 450 steel for extreme wear and tear.
Atlas delivers maximum power during all stages:
- Lifting – Whether it’s a tree or a Suburban, our lift cylinders can handle any job.
- Crushing – Twin cylinders on the Big Bite Bucket can make short work of the
- Dumping – We have the heaviest and most stable lifting hoist for whatever you’ll be loading throughout the day.
Petersen Industries, Inc., now offers the Route Assistant™ as an option for their legendary TL-3 loader. It incorporates a side-loading trough to the front of the dump body and can be a full-trough system or half-trough and cart tipper. The Route Assistant™ option truly makes the TL-3 the Jack-of-all-trades loader. The trough can be used to quickly pick up small piles of debris by hand and the cart tipper can be used for missed cans on the route. It is available on a standard or stand-up-right-hand-drive chassis.
The DL-3 does more volume! Introducing the model DL-3, nicknamed “the Twister”. Engineered for high volume collection operations after hurricanes, ice storms, or tornadoes. Operated by dual mechanical joystick controls located at the stationary top-mount seat. The DL-3 is great for disaster cleanup but is also versatile enough that you can use it for your regular bulky trash and brush collection routes and need a larger body size.
- Faster than chipping and less invasive than a wheel loader
- Single operator turn-key system
- Great tool for hauling land clearing or site prep debris
- Duty cycle rated and proven
- Stationary top-mount mechanical joystick controls
- 40-45 cubic yard trash dump body
- ANSI Z245 Compliant
The Petersen HL-3 Lightning Loader and 18 foot, 24 cubic yard body are mounted on a steel skid. Heavy-duty bumper on the rear of the body and outriggers on the front of the body allows for easy installation and removal of the unit. Loader is hydraulically locked to the chassis.
|Reach (from centerline rotation)||20 feet|
|Main Boom and Tip Boom||16 feet|
|Tip Extension||4 feet|
|Unit Weight (empty)||12,700 lbs|
|Outrigger Span||11 ‘8″|
|Storage Height (above vehicle)||8’4″|
|10 Foot Radius||7,100 lbs|
|16 Foot Radius||4,400 lbs|
|20 Foot Radius||3,200 lbs|
Weight of bucket and/or attachments must be subtracted from lift capacities shown. Standard bucket weighs appx. 1000 Ibs. Capacities shown do not exceed 85% of vehicle tipping moment with outriggers fully extended on firm, level ground.
All-purpose clamshell design, 4 feet wide with an opened width of 5 feet. Replaceable bolt-on bucket blades made of high impact tempered steel. Anti-scalping bucket sides are pivot mounted to provide a horizontal closing action rather than a vertical digging motion. Sides are mechanically linked to a single hydraulic cylinder to ensure both sides close and open together. Continuous rotation. No hoses below bucket rotator.
Chassis & Hoist Requirements
The Petersen HL-3 hooklift truck system requires a heavy-duty chassis & hook-lift hoist. The complexity of the system and diversity of chassis/hoist combinations available necessitates that Petersen checks each one individually prior to sale. The following are minimum requirements:
|18ft, 24 cy|
|Cab to Trunion||174|
|Hoist Capacity||32,000 lbs|
|Effective Length||16ft 10in -17 ft 7in|
These are not complete chassis specifications. Call your Petersen representative about other possible
chassis arrangements and for complete chassis specs
18 feet, 24 cubic yard capacity is standard size.
3/16 in solid plate floor on cross members with 12 in centers.
Dual manual controls (greaseless) for outriggers and loader on both sides of a truck for easy access and visibility. A “Grip Strut” serrated steel walk platform and steel handrail are included. Frame lock control lever is located at valve bank. Also available with QuadStick controls (mechanical six-function joysticks).
A-frame pedestal design allows flexing under repeated load shocks. Replaceable Cast Nylon Bushings used in head assembly. Head assembly is stress relieved. Reinforced connection points with hardened pins and replaceable bushings. Counterbalance valves used on all boom cylinders and pilot operated check valves used on vertical outrigger cylinders.
The PL-3 is a loader and body that we plumb to fit your existing roll-off. Adds capabilities to your fleet without having to dedicate a truck full-time.
- 20 ft. reach includes 4 ft. tip extension
- 24 cubic yard body standard
- Can be installed on your existing roll-off
- Dual walk-thru controls
- Only takes a minute to disconnect
The rear-mounted RL-3 is designed for loading into attached trailers or into separate haul trucks.
- 20 ft. boom reach includes 4 ft. telescopic extension
- Standard control type is dual walk-thru
- Also available with patented QUADSTICK® controls – 4 six function mechanical joysticks
- Trailer package option – includes float control, pintle hitch, diverter valve, and quick coupler
- Boom stows in rear rack or in trailer
Great system for high volume route collection. The most advanced and efficient system for collecting trash on the market. Two features that set this rear steer truck unit apart are the ability to drive in reverse from the operator’s station and not needing outriggers for most loading operations.
The Lightning Rear Steer® drives behind and loads into separate haul trucks from a single lane. To learn more about the Lightning Rear Steer®, click on the “Watch a Video” tab below.
- Twin mechanical joystick controls
- Operator cab has air-conditioning, heat, air-ride seat and windshield wipers
- Operator cab also features all normal driving controls for driving backwards; brakes, acceleration, horn, etc.
- 20 ft. boom reach includes 4 ft. telescopic extension
- Large counter-weight and suspension locks add stability for loading
- Counterbalance valves on all boom cylinders for safety
The Industry’s first is still the best!
In 1957 Petersen introduced the very first Lightning Loader® to the citrus industry. Over 60 years later, more than 80% of all citrus, sand and debris harvested in Florida is handled by a Lightning Loader®.
- Loaders and Hi-Lift easily convert from cannery/juice to fresh fruit handling.
- Tub dump pick-up does not distort tubs.
- 4 hook pallet bar handles wood and steel boxes.
- 8 hook pallet bar handles plastic boxes.
- “PI” steel front end for added radiator protection in grove use and easier access to engine components.
- Hot shift PTO with a directly coupled pump for models with automatic transmission.
- CL-2 Twin Boom
- CL-3 Single Boom
- C-9 90-Box Hi-Lift
Stationary loaders can be used as an affordable option for handling recycled items and trash!
- Includes compact power source
- Optional remote controls available
- Also available with side mounted seat control station that rotates with the boom
- Load and sort solid waste within a 20 ft radius
- Ideal for material transfer and recycling stations
- Lifts 3,200 lbs at 20 ft